Managers, I always thought were, as a rule, suspicious and inquisitive, not to mention hardly ever appreciated privacy.
My earliest memory is that of my pseudo-manager (coz he was a TL then but made us believe he was a Manager), suspiciously looking at us, keeping close tab on the number of hours our IE windows were open and how many (I know this coz, at one of the team meetings, we were told, "There are some who keep their browser windows open for 2 hours!"). That I attributed to his very delayed promotion, the prospects of which din't look too bright this time around either, what with 5 juveniles on his team.
Subsequently, I have run into a considerable number of characters, in comparison to whom, he would have been on the fast track to saint hood.
While I always thought this phenomenon was restricted to office (what with some managers giving a menacing look to weekend-working developers who dare to take a personal call on a Sunday afternoon), I was in for a shock, when I found this manager (must be one, because he had a laptop) sitting beside me and struggling to read messages on MY cellphone, over MY shoulder, in the only thing we share in common, the BUS!

4 comments:

ashwini bharadwaj said...

he must have been bored of reading his uninteresting messages :)

Pradeep Roonwal said...

hahaha...believe it or not, the same guy was trying to read the newspaper over another guys shoulder today ;)

VinayPothnis said...

dint u slap him?

Pradeep Roonwal said...

no man....yesterday, I gave him a smug look and turned towards the window and kept messaging ;)
Am sure he got the point...
Today, not my problem...