SSN number and other stories...(08-Dec-04)

The beginning was not auspicious...i got a brilliant idea that instead of rice i could try to cook some the sevia(meant for payasa only!!!) for bfast...i even thot that i could add some garam masala to it...the immediate reaction was "U R BRILLIANT!!!"....AND THEN I STARTED....by the time it was ready...i was feverish with the anticiapation....and then I tasted it....it was YUCK!!!!!! :(((((so I had to come to office without bfast...
then i decided I have to go to the SSA office to get my SSN number...it was some 12 miles away...so pooled up with 2 OTHER guys...

the SSN office was weird...u have ppl of all size, shape, colour,etc..etc....there was this one beautiful girl ahead of me....and b4 i could even have a good look at her....herkid came walking upto her...DAMN!!!!
the lady at the counter was very helpful...thats one thing i have noticed here...ppl r very cordial...and u kinda feel good talking to them....
I was HUNGRY!!!!!
we came out of the office abt 30 min later....and looked arnd for a pay phone to call for a cab....i meanwhile wandered into this store called 7-11...the owner turned out to be some enthu punjabi chap....with an American accent of course....he has been here for 7 years!!!! i still wonder how ppl can just come here n stay for such a long time....he was keen on carrying on a conv, but I just bought some bread n chips....and hungry that i was...i took out a piece of bread and started eating there itself...he was a li' l taken aback...and b4 he could comment, the taxi came and i left...
back in office, the cafetaria had already closed by the time we came back...:( , so cold n hungry me....came and sat in my seat like a "bala sutta bekku"....
neways, i can draw solace in the fact that I am sipping on Hot Chocolate now....
more blade coming ur way ppl...so buckle up...:D

No comments: